What is the Prevent Duty?
All training providers have a duty to prevent young people being drawn into extremism or terrorism; this all part of the Prevent Duty.
The Prevent Duty is about keeping you safe and within the law, and this includes awareness of the expression of extremist views. Standard 5 of our Standards & Expectations refers to the observation of British Values, which include: Democracy, The Rule of Law, Individual Liberty, and Mutual Respect & Tolerance.
What can you do for Gen2?
• Abide by British Values.
• Never tolerate a lack of respect for individuals, their views & beliefs.
• Celebrate difference and promote diversity.
• Be inclusive and accepting of difference.
What can Gen2 do for you?
• Maintain a safe, respectful and mutually supportive environment.
• Ensure that all of our employees, students, apprentices and contractors are aware of the Prevent Duty.
• Provide training on the Prevent Duty and Gen2’s duty of care in safeguarding our employees and students.
• Help students to become valuable and rounded members of society who treat others with respect and tolerance, regardless of background.
• Establish a culture where there is shared commitment to valuing diversity and respecting differences.
What can we do together?
• Work together to ensure British Values are promoted and treat each other with mutual respect and tolerance.
For more information, contact one of our designated Prevent Officers:
- Heidi Clements – 01900 701323
- Beeby Bell – 01900 701334
Please see below for the web link to the online Prevent Duty training:
To find out more about the Prevent Duty or to get your Prevent certificate, visit http://www.foundationonline.org.uk/